Friday, April 1, 2011

Regenerate (day 17)

Interestingly I lost couple of pounds of weight just by eating less and not completely fasting... Gee, I guess I can probably lose a lot of weight if I were to go on a full fast... and focus on God more too! Yeah, today is suppose to be a focusing on God day. I actually drove Akiang's car to work today and her car stereo is filled with chinese worship songs! So I worshipped God on my way to work and on my way home too!!! ;)

But of course that's not real 'worship', just listening to Christian music. I also got a copy of Great uncle Andrew's sermon today. He used scripture to illustrate how 'once saved always saved' doctrine is false. If we don't commit ourselves to follow Jesus and stay faithful, of course we can lose our salvation! God may love us unconditionally, but His salvation for us is certainly conditional upon our faith. What's kind of scare is that the little things in life can really distract us from walking with Jesus... little by little... after a while maybe we're walking further and further away from our Lord! Anyway, thank God for using great uncle's sermon to remind me a bit...

Lord, how good it is to focus in on you. As I worship, I have come to find that nothing compares to you. Help me let the cares and concerns of this world fade away. Protect me to not get distracted and help me give my full attention to you. Lord, show me your way. Teach me your Word. I want to know you more and live my life completely for you! In Christ's name. Amen.

(Psalm 119:9-24, 169.6 lbs, $4.259)

No comments: