Sunday, April 10, 2011

Regenerate (day 26)

Today we are to meditate on discipline. If Psalm 15 listed most of the things we need to exercise regarding discipline, that I think I've done most of those things other than being 'blameless' or totally 'righteous'. But if God has justified me righteous by my faith, then I guess that's taken care of too! So I guess I'm a pretty disciplined person! But surely my wife would disagree! ;)

Anyway, today I overcame my lazy butt and actually worked on the house a bit. Wife also took some time to do some gardening. Anyway, may God watch over what we do for otherwise we'd do these things in vain. Wife planted a catnip plant in the backyard a while back, but somebody, we're not sure who, completely destroyed it. We don't think it's one our cats who did it... could be some other animal perhaps... Anyway, whatever. We're just gonna keep on planting and building. Not getting discouraged and easily giving up is part of the discipline. But hopefully whatever we do are in accordance with what God wills too. No need to keep on trying to do things that God doesn't really want us doing either.

Lord, I have seen that when I live in an undisciplined manner, my life gets messy and it does not honor you. In fact, I find myself in more bondage. But with discipline comes freedom. So today, I commit myself to discipline. Help me to be disciplined in my words, thoughts and actions. Help me know your will so that I won't be disciplining myself in the wrong areas! ;) In Christ's name. Amen.

(Psalm 15, 169.8lbs, $4.319)

No comments: