Thursday, April 21, 2011

Regenerate (day 37)

Yes, perspective is indeed an interesting thing. What we see from the ground does look different than from the airplane. Quite often we simply cannot see what God sees.

When disciples see the storm coming while on their boat trip, they got really scared, but Jesus was sleeping.

When Christ was about to be judged for all humanity... about to be crucified on the cross, Jesus was really scared, but at that time, disciples were sound asleep. Couldn't watch and pray with Jesus...

Why can't our lousy flesh truly see what our Lord sees and truly carry out God's will...?

Last nite I was feeling sick, but today I'm feeling a lot better. Even in a healthy state, my sinful nature is probably still preventing me from seeing what's really important in life.

Lord, help me to keep the big picture in mind as I make my way on this journey. I don’t want to get distracted by what appears to be the prosperity of the wicked. Today, I recognize two truths. First, the only sure way is your way. Second, when I live my life for you it is not lived in vain. So I will not grow weary in doing good. I will press on! Also, please be with us while we're studying your Word tonite with my parents. Help my parents to be able to see who you really are. In Christ's name. Amen!

(Psalm 73, 171.8 lbs, $4.379)

No comments: