Saturday, April 2, 2011

Regenerate (day 18)

Today is about sacrifice. Psalmists said:

Offer the sacrifices of the righteous
and trust in the LORD.

“Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
fulfill your vows to the Most High,
and call on me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”

Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me,
and to the blameless[a] I will show my salvation.”

Make vows to the LORD your God and fulfill them;
let all the neighboring lands
bring gifts to the One to be feared.

Sounds good. But I think I seem to have a problem offering "real" sacrifices nowadays. For example 'tithe' is simply a contribution. Not really some sort of sacrifice that "hurts". So basically I've been trying to think of sacrificing for God that'd hurt me, but not my wife, but haven't really been able to come up with much of anything other than rising up earlier to do devotions..., but then again, today I even failed that and almost forgot to do my devotions today because I was more focused on mowing the grass and fixing the house... lame.

Father, I acknowledge that all that I have, my strength, time, talent, resources, etc. belongs to you. Forgive me for it seems I haven't really done much for your kingdom. During this season, please strengthen me to be able to bring more of my sacrifices to you. Use what I bring to you to honor your name and to build your kingdom. Thank you for accepting my sacrifice. In Christ's name. Amen.

(Psalm 4:5, 50:14-15, 50:23, 76:11, 170.2 lbs, $4.259)

No comments: