Monday, April 4, 2011

Regenerate! (Day 20)

Today is about the cost of following Jesus.

Hmm... so far in my life, I think I've only been 'persecuted' somewhat by my parents and by a group of internet video game forum friends due to my new 'faith'. But in retrospect, I think I'm somewhat at fault too. I could've handled the situation better and perhaps there would've been a better outcome? But oh well. There's no 'controlZ' or do over in life. ;) BTW, I do kinda like that Taiwanese TV drama. A fictional story of a guy that was able to have some do overs in life because God some how gave him the opportunity so that he can learn to truly love..., the guy finally learned to love... anyway, it's an interesting concept for a TV show. I liked it, but wife didn't... because she didn't like the fact that those do overs were not real..., but I thought as long as the guy learned, that's the more important aspect!

Anyway, back to my own life... fact is that God doesn't allow us to go back in time to change anything... and I didn't know better back then... so oh well. I just hope that I didn't disgrace Christ's name with my mistakes... and didn't cause my parents to hate Jesus more because of me...

Lord, whatever the cost I will follow you. When I am under attack of treated poorly because of my faith, I will remember that at times you yourself were treated this way. I will trust you to vindicate me rather than trying to accomplish that with my own hands. But of course I'd like to have the wisdom to be able to know how to treat other properly too, sometimes others react badly toward me not just because of my faith, but because I really had done something stupid, right? So please direct me to be able to do the right things with others. Help me to be MORE Christ like... and to be sure that I AM really blameless myself! While I know that I walk with your favor on my life, when life requires that I pay a price for my faith, if I really have to pay it after being blameless, then sure, I will pay it. I just hope that in the end, my life can really lift up Christ's name. Help lead more people to Christ than turning them away... In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

(Psalm 109:1-5, 21-31, 171.8 lbs, $4.269)

No comments: