Saturday, April 9, 2011

Regenerate (day 25)

Today we finally found a nice Italian restaurant in LA that's tasty, reasonably priced and with a nice decor! Too bad it's not located at a very convenient location, otherwise I think I wouldn't mind going there every week! ;)

Anyway, today's suppose to be about patience. With my lazy and laid back personality, I think I often see myself as a pretty patient guy... or it's very easy for me to look like I'm patient. ;) But am I really? Hmm... not really sure.

I often feel like I have a split personality. I think it shows more while I'm driving. I don't mind driving slow at times nor will I get mad when stuck in traffic, but then again sometimes I also do feel the urge to pedal to the metal and speed... and getting mad when other drivers do something stupid. I think my passive-aggressive behavior makes it hard for me to determine whether I'm really patient or not. Anyway, if I'm not that sure, then I guess I'm really NOT that patient then!

Point is I hope God can help me know when to quickly get something done... and when to wait to do it. Especially not to do stuffs that's against God's will.

Lord, there are times in life when I admit I do not understand your timing. Patience is something that I sometimes struggle with. Yet, in hindsight I have found that waiting on you is far better than taking matters into my own hands and trying to force things. Your timing is divine timing. I choose to wait on you, patiently trusting your faithfulness. In Christ's name. Amen.

(Psalm 40, 169.0 lbs, $4.339)

No comments: