Wednesday, August 1, 2007

God answers...

Today's scripture reading was interesting. It's really about Isaac, but bible doesn't seem to talk about Issac very much..., other than the fact that he's the son of Abraham..., almost got himself killed by his father... this guy lived a pretty blessed and rich life, but overall, it's a pretty "average" life though... compared to other characters in the bible.

The story of the servant went to find Isaac a wife very much reminded me on how I 'found' my wife! ;) I did ask God about whether if I should pursue my wife 3 times... Yeah, before I wrote my stupid email to my 'wife' to start the negotiation process of whether or not if we should be together..., given the unromantic nature of the mail and the fact I recently just ended my other relationship... (nobody likes to be other people's rebound bd/gf.) So I knew the chance of my wife saying 'yes' to me should be very low. So I asked God to make her say "yes" if she's really the one!

It's interesting that after she finally said 'yes', doubt enter my mind again... What if it wasn't God's doing? What if she just likes me a lot? So, I asked God again to give me a sign... At the time in Seattle, we play poker a lot... and I've never won a game. So that particular evening, I asked God to let me win... so that nite, I won. I've never won before... and I've never won again... just that one game. Well, later on I did manage to win some when playing with my wife's younger bros, but they're inexperienced... ;)

Anyway, finally when I got back to LA, I was still somewhat skeptical..., so prior to going on a date with my wife, I asked the Lord to dress her in pink or some sort of red knowing that she doesn't have a whole lot of girly colored cloths..., but amazingly, she came out wearing some sort of dark red T-shirt. It wasn't pink, but it's still 'red'! ;)

So I finally stopped bugging my Lord and decide to just go with the one God picked for me! ;)

Still, even Isaac and Rebekah didn't live happily ever after... and I'm sure my wife and I won't live happily ever after. God's blessing isn't really about living happily ever after... we know we will encounter trouble in this world. God has also sent Pastor Su to show us what kind of troubles we'll be facing...

But like pastor Jim said, our problems aren't really the problems, it's how we see our problems, that might end up causing some real problems.

So, may God be with us to continue to teach us on how we can depend on God to solve our problems! May the love of God continue to fill us... I pray in Christ's name.

(Gensis 24, 26)

No comments: