Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Unity...

Last night we hang out with friends of the love of my life... and she was really missing the good old days... about how much she enjoyed jamming with them... whereas things really wasn't all that pleasant at the other music ministries she served with before... seems like when you have a great environment, then there's no funding. When you do have funding, then the environment sucks! ;) Is it possible to have both? I'm sure it's possible, but I'm also pretty sure that it's very rare!!!

In Formula 1, one of the top teams right now is McLaren. Two of the world's most competitive drivers Alonso and Hamilton are driving for this team..., but each want to be the #1 driver and refused to even to listen to the boss on the race track... They are winning races. I'm sure money is also not a concern for the team..., but the team boss, along with the drivers, are currently experiencing a LOT of headache because of teh discord within the team. Reign Spanish champion Alonso believes the Britsh team is favoring the up and coming British driver Hamilton... and Hamilton the rookie believes the team is favoring the 2 times champion Alonso... so the two refuse to work with each other..., but have they considered where else can they go to continue to win races like that? So far, this is the team with the top car..., yet, their lack of cooperation is causing the race officials penalizing them... I suppose other teams' are happy to see them self destructing!

It's just mind boggling to me that people quite often just cannot work 'humbly' together. Sure, racing is about winning, but should it really be about soaring of personal ego? God can only help us soar like eagles when we humble ourselves. If Hamilton could learn to remain a little humble and obey team orders, if Alonso could just for a moment forget about being past champions, is it really that hard for the fan to see their talents?

As for ourselves, yeah, surely we'll run into 'incompetent' bosses throughout our careers, but as long as if we choose to work for them, we better obey... unless if the boss instruct us to behave in ways that's unChrist-like... hardships will come our way, but we'll just have to learn to endure it. One thing I realized is that we'll never be able to be our own Boss as long as God exists! ;) And when it comes to choosing bosses, we better choose carefully.

Israelites couldn't figure whether to choose Pharoh to be their boss or Moses. Again and again they'd complain to Moses even after witnessing the 10 miracles. Even after seeing the opening of the sea... eventually hardships would still cause them to complain to Moses... Did those complaints help?

Moses wasn't perfect himself... for he was only human. He himself didn't get into the promiseland physically..., but at least we know he spiritually made it during the transfiguration! Anyway, I am the Head of my wife..., I do hope that I can lead my wife closer to God in the end. I also hope I can lead my family and friends to get to know God too... so that we all can be one with God! :)

But Boss, please help me and stay close to me though. Thanks! :)

(Exodus 5:1-6:13,Exodus 14:5-31)

No comments: