Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lion and the lamb...

Brother GD's prayer meeting last nite talked about how we Christians should be interceeding with prayers and with actions... and God is looking and seeking for such individuals.

Well, I hope God reads my blog... ;) And I guess I should 'interceed' more often too instead of just praying for myself and for those close to me...

Brother GD also said that most people are simply wolves in sheep's skin, but God calls us to be sheeps..., but not only as sheeps, but as lions with sheep skins!!! ;) Sending sheeps into the world or into pack of wolves is a tough task, but if God is with us... if Holy Spirit is in us, it's like we're lions on the inside. Meek on the outside like sheeps, but strong like lions on the inside. If God is with us, we are more than conquerors!!! But I suppose the transformation process will take some time... first we've gotta decide to give up being a wolf, then we have to learn to truly become a sheep, yet know that we can also be strong like lion!

Lord God, our town is in Your hand. May you first raise us up to be a consistent prayer warriors, and may you raise up more workers and builders to build this town up in ways that can please You. May You protect Your churches so that they can stand as one and not fall for the schemes of the deceiver. I also like to ask for your mercy and grace to be upon all of my family members so that they can all be saved soon... and as for the saved ones, please continue to guide and guard them as they walk with You. And I pray for all of my single friends... that they won't rush into marriages that's not good for them. Lord God, please prepare them to become more equipped to become better husbands or wives. As they become ready, then may the Lord direct their paths to cross... if the two of them's not ready, Lord God, I ask You to please intervene and prevent them from entering a bad marriage in the first place. I dunno, maybe I'm asking too much since my just dust... an ordinary jar of clay, but if I have favor in Your eyes, please intervene in our lives so that Your will can be done. I'm in no position to intervene anything other than pray to You... and about the only thing I can do is to do bible study with my parents... what else can I 'do'? Oh yeah, please also prepare my folks' hearts to be able to really receive your Word into their hearts. May the seeds I planted be able to grow in them. May me and my wife's transformation into a real sheep/lion be evident to them too so that it can be a good testimony. In Jesus name I pray.

Today's scripture reading is about Hannah. May the Lord hear my prayer as He did with Hannah.

1 我 的 心 因 耶 和 華 快 樂 ; 我 的 角 因 耶 和 華 高 舉 。 我 的 口 向 仇 敵 張 開 ; 我 因 耶 和 華 的 救 恩 歡 欣 。
2 只 有 耶 和 華 為 聖 ; 除 他 以 外 沒 有 可 比 的 , 也 沒 有 磐 石 像 我 們 的   神 。
3 人 不 要 誇 口 說 驕 傲 的 話 , 也 不 要 出 狂 妄 的 言 語 ; 因 耶 和 華 是 大 有 智 識 的   神 , 人 的 行 為 被 他 衡 量 。
6 耶 和 華 使 人 死 , 也 使 人 活 , 使 人 下 陰 間 , 也 使 人 往 上 升 。
7 他 使 人 貧 窮 , 也 使 人 富 足 , 使 人 卑 微 , 也 使 人 高 貴 。
8 他 從 灰 塵 裡 抬 舉 貧 寒 人 , 從 糞 堆 中 提 拔 窮 乏 人 , 使 他 們 與 王 子 同 坐 , 得 著 榮 耀 的 座 位 。 地 的 柱 子 屬 於 耶 和 華 ; 他 將 世 界 立 在 其 上 。
9 他 必 保 護 聖 民 的 腳 步 , 使 惡 人 在 黑 暗 中 寂 然 不 動 ; 人 都 不 能 靠 力 量 得 勝 。
10 與 耶 和 華 爭 競 的 , 必 被 打 碎 ; 耶 和 華 必 從 天 上 以 雷 攻 擊 他 , 必 審 判 地 極 的 人 , 將 力 量 賜 與 所 立 的 王 , 高 舉 受 膏 者 的 角 。

(1 Samuel 1:1-2:21)

No comments: