Thursday, August 16, 2007

Weird day...


Last nite I had dinner with bunch of 'older' former colleagues... actually some I haven't even actually worked with... I only know them because of another 'dead' colleague... and amazingly, he has been dead for about 5 years now. This dead Indian guy's name's Rip Mann... I dunno, I think the American way of life is really bad for people from India. Sure have noticed a lot of Indians suffer medical conditions within aerospace companies... not sure if it's stress or diet, but yeah, I think America is bad for Indians! ;)

Anyway, was telling my wife the other day that I seem to get along better with people a lot younger or a lot older than me. Very weird. Not sure why. People around my age just don't find me very interesting for whatever reasons... some of those people in the above picture have kids about my age... and I'm not even sure if their own kids would want to hang around with them! ;)

We've been getting together every so often to commemorate Rip for years now, we still meet around where Rip used to live and then just walk along the beach to whatever restaraunt. Dinner was great and I enjoy chatting and walking along the beach and see the sunset... I'm not sure if they're Christians though, but I'm not sure how to preach the gospels to a bunch of old guys who probably are set in their ways... Anyway, it'd certainly be nice if I can lead them to Christ before they die I guess, but I don't know, often times I just feel so useless because I honestly don't believe I actually led anyone to Christ yet. I need Your help my Lord... hopefully I can start with my own family first of course...

And today I read about Deborah. What a weird story... I guess the moral of the story is to not doubt like Barak when Deborah initially prophesied... we should just take it by faith and go with it... instead of the, 'nah, I'm not gonna go if you don't go' attititude. But then, the part when Jael invited that Sisera into her tent to hide and for some milk... and then end up killing him... what was that about? I've read that passage before..., but everytime I see her as some sort of psycho woman..., maybe I should so some more digging with some special devotional bible and see what they have to say about her... that lady just feaked and weirded me out.

At work too, I've had some weird problems..., but luckily I think I got it solved now... better get back to work. Lord God, help me figure things out better please. Need more wisdom! ;)

(Judges 4-5 )

No comments: