Friday, August 31, 2007

Crazy...

What has the world come to... State of Iowa allowed same sex marriage... and then changed their minds after a few hours... during that 3 hour 'window' of opportunity, one gay couple managed to successfuly get their marriage license!!! ;)

Anyway, for sure gay marriage is wrong is God's eyes, but if these homosexuals are really so desperately wanting to get marry..., I think government should just let them have their civil union. Having a law prohibiting them can only make them want to do it more... if you finally legalize it, then it probably won't be as big of a deal anymore...

And another crazy thing is my weight..., I tried to eat just a little bit of dinner a day before yesterday(4 wontons and some veggies...), and I don't understand why my weight went up and was approaching 185 lbs again!!! But then again last nite I ate a full meal cooked by the love of my life... and my weight actually went down to like 183lbs!!! I typically weight about 180~181 lbs in the morning on an empty stomach... so I don't know what's goin gon with my crazy weight.

Today's scripture reading was also crazy. Not sure why Biblegateway.com decided to include Amnon as one of the characters to study... he's the psycho sister raping son of David. What's to learn from this guy? He claims to love his half sister Tamar... and if Amnon had asked to marry this half sister, it would've been okay too at the time. King would've agree... and Tamar would've agreed... but no, he just couldn't wait and must make love with her right now!!! And then interestingly, intense hatred of Tamar came upon him afterwards and he doesn't want to see her again...

Hmm... a lot of people are kinda like that, after sex, they don't really want to see each other again... and in Amnon's case, I suppose God has a hand in it too... because David was screwing around with Bethsheba... and God told David that the consequence of his actions was to also screw up his family later on... But of course we should NOT blame the calamity of David's family on God... Chinese have this saying, "upper liang not upright, so the lower liang is crooked too!"

This is sad indeed. Once again Lord God, we ask for Your mercy and grace in our lives... so that we don't have to be punished by repeating the similar mistakes again and again from generation to generation. You promised that you'll show love to a thousand generations of those who love you and keep your commandments. Help us love you more and keep your commandments Lord God. If our forefathers have incurred any kind of curse in the past, may it be stopped in my generation because I love You and because I keep your commandments! Bless me and bless all of my future generations too please! I pray the same for all of my family members and friends too. Thank You very much!!! In Jesus's name I pray... :)

(2 Samuel 13 )

No comments: