Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Weekend sure was HOT!

Labor day weekend sure was amazingly Hot... felt like Las Vegas hot... well over 100 Degrees!!! I was mowing the lawn around 9 in the morning and it was already over 90 degress I think... A/C at my parent's house also busted at the most inopportune time..., I tried to find new A/Cs and most places were completely sold out... Interestingly A/C's working again this morning. Maybe it was just too damn hot yesterday! According to forcast, it should get cooler in the future..., sure hope so.

Anyway, interestingly that during this labor day weekend, I found out that doing some labor actually made me felt good!!! I can actually sleep better(wife probably will be amazed by my comment... how can I sleep any better than before?!?!?!), but anyway, yeah, I did feel really refreshed this morning! Hard work under the sun can help save weight too! Amazing.

Another interesting discovery is that I've found out that I'm like a camel. I can just eat and eat and store things up even if I'm not hungry!!! I think over the weekend I've reach my personal peak of 187 lbs on Sunday!!! But then after my extreme work out under the sun and eating only 1 meal a day... my weight is back down to like 180 lbs again. Not sure why my weight can fluctuate that much, but I really think I ought to keep my weight at around 175 ish...

Anywho, overall, although the weekend is kinda 'boring', the only special thing that went on was actually seeing wife recording a song with Cindy. That was kinda cool, but I think the love of my life really need to learn to not do things in extremes... She's either ON or OFF! ;) They recorded 5 hours straight... well other than the numerous bathroom breaks Cindy has to take every hour or so... ;)

Anyway, I'm really quite easily entertained... I can just play guitar or sing a song(I think I finally figured out how to play and sing Everlasting God now...) or I can listen to others sing... Or I can watch TV or play games...Or I can do chores such as mowing the lawn or fixing stuffs... or I even can just take a nap!!! Well, I hope God can teach me how to entertain the wife sometimes. I'm okay with my boring life, but I'm not single anymore!!!! How can I be more adventurous God? Not adventurous to the point of 'driving' my wife dizzy in a car of course... ;) If I can truly passionately live my life to the full, surely that can be adventurous enough! How can I get rid of my 'mellow' attitude?

Pastor Jim gave us homework assignments this weekend regarding Zerubabbel, in Zechariah 4:7, that we should learn from him... and shout 'grace! grace to it!!!" For it is God's grace that saves us... and it is God's grace that'll eventually lead us home. Ain't no problem high enough!!!!

And today's scripture reading is about David's other son. Absalom. For sure this son is better than Amnon, but the dude is still not quite right in the head I think. What is most mind boggling is how David is always so nice to his sons. I guess this is very similar to prodigal son's dad... God is just amazingly graceful to His children too!!! I just hope I won't waste away the grace of God...

(2 Samuel 15,17-18)

No comments: