Monday, September 10, 2007

LV

Last night I had a long chat with the love of my life regarding legalism(ignorant of grace) and licentiousness(abusive of grace). This all came about because of the LV incident. L is a good friend of both myself and wife..., but things have developed in ways that's really upsetting the wife... wife said she's washing her hand clean of the LV incident, which is indeed the right thing to do... just as the prodigal son's father did wash his hands clean of his lost son. He gave the son all that he can give... and if the son continue to wish to go his own way, then go.

However, father still loves the son. We can tell this by father's reaction when the prodigal son returns!!! I can only hope the love of my life can try to continue to love even when others disagree with her... I also hope the LV situation will turn out good for everyone involved too!

Anyway, pastor Jim talked about a new kind of faith last Sunday... the nocternal faith! Jesus can sleep on a rocking boat during a heavy storm!!! Do we have that kind of faith? Worrying is indeed wastful thing to do. If I can't change anything, why worry about it? If I CAN change something, there's also no need to worry... I should be doing something to change it!!! Need to learn a lesson from that man from Judah. If God wants us to reach a certain destination, don't allow distractions to distract us!!!

Read about Elijah today..., Even Elijah have experienced bitter discouragement. So much so that he wish to just die and get it over with. But after some snacks and naps, he's back on the road again!!! ;) Anyway, so I'm not going to feel that discouraged no matter what happens. As the LORD had reserved 7000 back then in Israel, may I also be counted as one of God's reserves today!!! Halleluja! Yeah!!!
(1 Kings 17:1-19:18)

No comments: