Thursday, September 13, 2007

Passion for God!

Last night from brother GD's prayer meeting, he talked about how we need to put God first in our hearts, in our lives... that if we continue on living our lives for Christ and introduce Christ to others, God promised to be with us always. Yeah, quite often, it's the hypocritical Christians, the ones who'd say one thing, but do another, that caused many people to fall. In a way, I'm a hypocrite too..., as brother GD asked us one interesting question... What are the things that I haven't done when I know Christ has told me to do?

Well, I think I've pretty much done it all, but of course I haven't done everything fully to the best of my abilities. I think my main problem is just laziness. I like to procrastinate. Even waking up in the mornings... I just like to sleep in a little bit... may the Lord help me find passion... help me to be motivated to just get up and go and get things done!!!

I do have some passions though... for example I love to just pedal to the metal and go on the limit driving around a race track... whether it's in real life or in a video game..., I like to go around and around... trying to get that perfect lap down!!! I also like to sing stupid songs like that too..., with a simple chorus, I can sing over and over again... trying to improve myself... same with debating with various cults or atheists on theological debates! Similar topics over and over again... and often, other people can just get sick of me. Just as my wife can get sick of me singing the same song over and over again!!! Anyway, so for sure I can be stubbornly passionate at things... just depend on what things I guess. ;)

Today's reading is about Josiah. That special 'man of Judah' prophesied about him. He is pretty passionate about God... and God is very pleased with him..., but even with Josiah, he can be disobedient at times... which caused his untimely death. Well, maybe it was a timely death in God's eyes because God wanted to punish Israel, but promised to not do it until after Josiah dies... Anyway, if only we could all have passion for God, this world would be... perfect! Why are we so foolish? Help us, LORD, to not end up as fools.

(2 Kings 23)

No comments: