Friday, September 21, 2007

Tires

Yes, I'm kinda tired after working over-time for about a week now..., but I'm really talking about car tires... ;) I've been losing weight too. Weighing in just 178 lbs this morning. Hope I can go down to around 175 and just stay there! ;)

Anyway, back to tires... Check this out...

Before:
After:
I'm thinking of buying a new set of cheap rims to go along with the cheap tires. The original Bridgestone Pole Position S02 tires is much softer... so it doesn't last as long... not only that, I've destroyed two of them before wearing them out!!! They are good for tracks when I push it to the limit I guess, but for daily drives, it's really a waste of high performace tires. I replaced all 4 of them for about $1000 last time, but these new set with the new rim will only cost me $850!!! These cheap tires should also be longer lasting and I can save the higher performance tires if I ever go to the track again... for now, if I were to just buy 2 rear S02 tires to replace them, it'll cost me a little over $300!!! And I'll probably run over the nails with them again!!!

Anyway, we'll see, I'm in no hurry since my Civic is doing just fine nowadays. Weather has be a lot cooler so I don't need A/C anymore... so I guess I'll think about it some more before making a final decision. For stuffs like these, it's really difficult trying to figure out WWJD? ;)

Today's scriptur reading was about Hilkiah, at last, we're not reading about some king anymore! However, he's still a priest under King Josiah who found the book of Law in the temple and after they read it and realized that they haven't been keeping the laws of Moses, they repented.... and consequently caused the entire nation to recommit themselves to the LORD. Anyway, a lot of it has to be credited to King Josiah, all Hilkiah did was finding the book. I suppose if Hilkiah didn't find it, things could've end up more disastrous!?!?!? I guess the main point is probably that we're all meant for something... and should we fail to do that particlar something we're meant to do, there can be disasterous consequences for our inaction. Of course Josiah could be unresponsive to that book, but the point is sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do. We are only responsible to do our parts. Doesn't matter how others respond to what we do. If everyone does what he or she suppose to do, then everything would be 'perfect'! ;) So anyway, Lord God, please help me know what I gotta do and please help me do it well! :)

(2 Chronicles 34:14-33)

No comments: