Monday, September 17, 2007

Unraveling...

Last weekend's only highlight was seeing Abraham Laboriel at Bake Potato. If the stage at Bake Potato were big enough, perhaps he'd do some more outrageous dancing while playing his bass! ;) The guy made me want to pick up the bass and just slap it around!!! ;)

Anyway, other than that, I had a horrible weekend. With quite a bit of work still need to be done... and the additional class certainly didn't come at a very good time... so I ended up working a little later on Friday to make up work... and while on my way home, I found out that my driver side rear tire was flat... so I had to pull over and switch out the tires on the side of the FWY. It was kinda scary changing tires on the side of the road while traffic going 70 mph is only couple of feet away... Anyway, I did notice one of my tires has a slow leak, so I usually pay attention to them before driving off... and I just pumped air in them few days ago when I filled up for gas... and just because I left work late on Friday and it was dark and I was tired... so I didn't really see that my tire was flat...

I had similar problems before with my S2000... it's funny that my cheap Civic with cheap tires never had this kind of problems..., but with expensive tires... I have now experienced it twice... for not knowing why my tire became flat!!! Haven't really got the time to examine my messed up tire yet... this weekend, I basically did a lot of overtime work still... and the money I made with the overtime will probably go down the drain because of this...

A lot of other things went on too... such as mom got into another fender bender again. I've asked her to please be more alert... and to cut down on driving... especially giving other people rides!!!

The past sunday, Pastor Jim continued on the topic of nocternal faith... about getting rest. I'm sensing the storm coming... and last nite I finally got insomnia now... May the Lord my God be with me while I'm going thru the storm... Pastor Jim also talked about being the David kind of Christians(passionate) or being the Solomon kind of Christian(indifferent... damned if you do and damned if you don't...) For sure I'm a person who lacked passion. I'm also not a super wise, powerful, rich king like Solomon, but at least I'm more optimistic than Solomon! ;)

Today's scripture reading was about King Asa..., this guy was very cool before..., but for some reason later on in his old age... he didn't seem quite as humble and stopped seeking the Lord for whatever reasons... Well, I'm no David, I'm no Solomon, I'm also no King Asa, all I have is You Lord God. I trust in You... and I wait upon You as the storm passes thru. Thank You Lord! :)

(2 Chronicles 14-16)

No comments: