Wednesday, September 26, 2007

God is good!

Last night during dinner, I found out that Robert could possibly give me some great deals with tires and rims!!! Nearly 50% in savings!!! Hopefully this is will turn out to be true. We'll see. Good thing I didn't rush to buy from Tirerack.com. Yeah, halleluyeah! ;)

And regarding Grandaunt, I've always prayed for her to be able to see me get married. Well, at least she has seen my wife... and lots of aunts were kind of worried before my wedding that she might pass away around that time so they probably won't be able to attend my wedding because they don't want to bring back luck to my wedding or something... I did tell them no matter what happens, please do come! I don't mind!!! Anyway, God has finally taken my grandaunt. May she rest in Your capable hands in peace! :)

Wife was asked to play the some hymn on the violin during the funeral and I was asked to carry the casket... I hope our dry cleaner is finally opened for business now... cause otherwise, I'd need to go buy a new black jacket!!!

Today's reading was about Esther. I've always loved the story of Esther, plus it's unusual way of writing... I think it's the only book in the Bible that never ever mentioned the word "God", but of course it is also clear that the story involved God every step of the way! However, although we have a good God, it is also necessary for us to respond to His calls in order to carry out His will. Lord God, please reshape and soften our hearts so that we may become more responsive to Your calls? Thanks!

(Esther 2:1-23,Esther 4:1-5:8,Esther 7:1-8:8)

No comments: