Friday, June 20, 2008

Thank God It's Friday?

Last nite we had dinner at Ning's house... and I finally get to meet her husband Ming! It was just a quick get together before Ning gives birth to her 2nd baby... her stomach is BIG!!! We also get to see her new place too... we almost couldn't find it! Ning's one year old son Elliot is also quite social for a kid who doesn't really know how to talk! Anyway, it was fun to finally meet the rest of the family members of Ning! ;)

Also found out thru the news last night that Obama cannot really be trusted with his words! I've seen footage of him claiming that he won't run for president in his first term when he first started out as US senator. He said he's not ready and most likely won't be ready. Well, now he's ready to be president I guess. Recently, he said he's going to forgo the government backed election financing and raise his own money... so that he can avoid spending limits. He supposedly made commitments to go this route origianally, but now changed his mind because he realized he's pretty good at raising money! Hopefully he's not getting too much special interests money... Anyway, I finding myself liking Obama less and less. Of course I'm not sure if McCain is really all that full of integrity himself, it's just that Obama supposedly should offer us a different kind of politics, but somehow it's beginning to feel like politics as usual. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for 4 years I guess. Let's see if he can really offer us any of those audacity to hope for our future...

Anyway, weird stuff is happening. I really thought I stuffed myself last nite, but I was really surprised by my light weight this morning. Not sure what happened. Our little kitty also threw up this morning... he also didn't pur as usual when I pet him this morning. What is going on?!?!? Stock market also took a dive today... DOW is well below 12,000... Everything is pretty much red... Coca Cola is barely green, but may not stay green by the time market closes at 1pm...

Sigh... at least gas prices didn't go up today and at least today's Friday! Praise the Lord! ;)

Today's reading of Numbers was about Jews finally leaving Sinai... and then the Jews began to complain about things. Yeah, I guess it's not a good idea to complain too much about things..., surely God knows what he's doing? Of course we better do a good job of whatever we're doing and make sure others don't complain about us..., but when it comes to situation that's beyond our control, the moral of the story is that we should just continue on and don't whine and don't worry about too much, right? God is with us and God is taking care of us, right?

Right! Help us learn to trust in You more Lord God! Thank You!

(Num 11-12, 173.2 lb, $4.789)

No comments: