Monday, June 2, 2008

Relaxing weekend...

Yep, other than the one student wife had to teach on Saturday morning, this weekend we really didn't do much of ANYTHING other than just spend time with each other! ;) Actually, I didn't really feel like doing anything too cause I have this headache the whole weekend. Usually I can just sleep it off, but not this time... I didn't even feel like praying, but luckily I have a wife now who can lay hand on my achy head and pray for me... ;)

One of the major story of the weekend was the big fire at Universal Studio... the big fire destroyed quite a bit of stuffs, including that huge King Kong!!! Oh well..., too bad for the tourists who came from afar and was turned back that day I guess... Compared to people at China and Burma, surely this disaster is nothing in comparison.

Another surprising story was Obama finally decided to quit... to cut ties with his church in Chicago. I guess there's no need for us to visit that church at chicago anymore! ;) Honestly, I think Obama's former pastor was pretty lame to have caused so much trouble. Not only did he not tone down, but he kept on pressing on expressing more divisive remarks. He'd even side with Muslim leader Farakan on black issues... hey, is it really about Jesus Christ... or about just African Americans? Who is more important here? Blacks had been treated unfairly, okay, we all know that already. Enough is enough. The last straw the broke the camel's back was a guest speaker at Obama's former church mocking Hillary Clinton. What's up with these people giving sermons? If you're going to apologize later, shouldn't you know that what you are saying at the pulpit is inappropriate? At least pastor Jerimiah would never apologize... ;)

Anyway, so I can certainly understand Obama has had enough. However, I think Obama shouldn't have done that. He could've just stick to his original position of disagreeing with what those people said and leave it at that! People can always have different opinions, right? If my family member has a different opinion..., then I should just disown him? If I have a drug addict brother, should I also disown him when I run for office? How can I trust him to be able to really prefect this union if when push comes to shove, he's just going to cut his ties? Cutting ties with his old church simply because of public pressure is a mistake..., in my opinion. Is the presidency that important to you? If God wants you to be president, who can stop you?

Of course I went thru similar experience of severing ties with church, but that's because my wife is indeed more important than that church. Even the church pastor agrees with me, he didn't like it, but he agrees.

Anyway, surely Obama didn't make that decision lightly, nor am I trying to pass judgement on what he has done..., just giving my personal opinion that's all.

Perfecting unions most certainly won't be an easy task. May God help us all to be able to be one with each other... and most importantly to be one with Him!

Today's reading was about sin offerings... Pastor Jim also talked about how God can use fire(live coal) to clean Isaish's lips in Isaiah 6! Often times we may not understand why God is so bloody... or why God always try to burn or judge us with fire..., but God's intention is to clean us up! As long as we're dirty, as long as two pieces are dirty, it'll be hard to glue them together. Only when the parts are cleaned properly, then it can be possible for the two pieces to be bonded as one. Only then, can God really use us for whatever He wants to use us for...

May God blesses you and uses you! ;)

(Lev 4-6, 173.2 lbs, $4.439/gallon)

No comments: