Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pain is temporary, but love is forever!

Daniel has finally came back from his "new baby vacation", so I had lunch with him today. He's been out for a month now... and claiming that it's probably more of a 'vacation' to be in the office than being at home now... because it's really demanding to be taking care of this new born baby around the house..., plus his wife went thru a pretty severe labor pain too... So he had to pretty much take care of them both... around the clock! I feel sorry for him and feel happy for him at the same time too. Anyway, may God bless his family... and may his family grow closer to God too! They are Catholics, but only goes to church during wedding and perhaps Easter and Christmas... of course faith in Christ isn't all about going to church... I just pray that somehow, his family can have a closer relationship with God...

Last night I went to brother GD's prayer meeting alone because wife's just not feeling too good... Brother GD talked about how we are suppose to be crucified with Christ(Gal 2:20) and be raised with Christ(Col 3:1)! That is the ultimate kind of relationship with Christ! Do we have that kind of relationship with Christ? Do we set our minds on the things above and not earthly things? Do we really love God more than anything else in this world?

I think it's okay if we feel kinda guilty about that..., provided that this guilty feeling can help us turn things around as it did for Peter. He felt so guilty and ashamed for denying Jesus, but God turned it around for him so that he became a great apostle of Christ.

I really think God created pets not only to teach us how to be good masters, but also to show us how to be a good little servant like our pets. Our cat's entire world is all about us. When we're happy, he's happy. When we're sad, he's sad. Our cat loves his little treats... loves watching and perhaps catching birds..., but as much as he loves those things, his mind is more set on the "things above"..., which is us. This is why pets do end up becoming very similar to their owners. This is also the only way we can become more like our Master too...

Last night wife and I had another me screwing up and she getting mad and neither one of us getting much sleep moment. It's indeed a crucifying experience physically, but spiritually it was awesome. I not only prayed for my wife and repent of my sins, but most importantly, I tried setting my mind on things up above! Surprisingly I don't really get all that drowzy at work with so little sleep. Anyway, I have to be honest that I don't have much energy left to fight in the middle of the night, but surely God will give me energy to pray. If satan wish to attack me and my wife more and more... fine, I will simply pray to God more and more.

Labor pain or crucifixion is only momentary..., but that new resurrecting life shall be forever. I don't know about lots of things, but I know trusting in God is my only Way. Today's scripture reading was about various laws... of which the most important is of course "be holy, because the LORD my God is holy!" May God continue to change me and sanctify me so that I can be truly holy... holy to the point of my wife can even see the difference in me. Help me change O God...

(Lev 19-21, 174.6 lbs, $4.699)

No comments: