Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sanctifying fire...

Speaking of God "sanctifying" Aaron's sons by fire... a fire came upon me too last night! Interestingly it started out with a WOW by wife's sudden surprise gig this weekend! Initially we thought it's some sort of spam call because of the weird voicemail they left, but it turned out, they really needed musicians to perform! Details of this gig is still sketchy, but we should know more during Thursday's rehearsal about what kind of concert it's going to be...

Anyway, there's also a Saturday afternoon rehearsal too... so we were just thinking what I'm going to do this Saturday... and one thing led to another... due to my insensitivity... the WOE came upon us and the fire ended up frying us badly!!!

Wife and I tend to fight about the same things... mainly it is my insensitivity that caused her to feel mad/bad... and then my inability to comfort and sooth her which end up causing the situation to spin out of control more.

Why am I so insensitive? How can I even make such insenstive suggestions? Well, had I known how insensitive I was, I'm sure I wouldn't make such a suggestion. It for sure wasn't my intention to be that unsympathetic toward my wife... As for the comforting part, I can't even do better than a cat! Well, of course I can do better than a cat, but since I am not a cat... since God has given me more abilities, naturally more is expected out of me! ;) And I do fall short in that area... :( But I do believe I have improved... or at the very minimum, I haven't gotten worse.

Yes, I think God is most certainly sanctifying me to become more sensitive and to be a better comforter, perhaps my progress really is too slow? God knows I have the commitment and the heart to do His work, but now I'm receiving 'training' in order to do His work well later I guess. I better learn my lessons in order to become truly useful for God. I do want to do better Lord, please help me change for the better... and it better be observible to the wife too!

And regarding the wife, I really think she is an amazing person. She really has her stuff together in pretty much all aspects of her life... and I think the only thing God is teaching her now is to learn to love... the unconditional kinda love. God sent her a cat to let her practice... and she has done exceptionally well at loving the little kitty no matter what. So she now has graduated to humans now... so God sent this pighead(me), a much harder assignment... ;)

May we both be able to complete our assignments to God's satisfaction. Of course, even if we do fail, God will still loves us. But of course we'll miss out on certain good things that could've come out of it..., plus, it is better to not only be loved by God, but also to have God be well pleased with us too. Help us achieve what You want us to do our redeeming Lord! As pastor Jim said, transform us from feeling worthless... to feeling worthy. From fear... to actually having more faith in the end. May God help us experience more happier moments instead of constantly being stucked in the labor pain and never giving birth...

But of course last weekend at Chicago was pretty good... however I guess sometimes it's easier to dwell on the bad things in life and forget about the good things...

Anyway, I think at the moment, the only thing that the Three of us can really do together is TG. (3 meaning God, me, and wife) We probably need to concentrate more of our effort on that than anything else... May God's will be done.

Today's scripture talked about infectious skin disease... and mildew on cloths... about seperating the unclean... May God clean us up... if we're going to be seperated, may we be seperated as holy to the Lord... instead of the other way around...

(Lev 13-15, 174.6 lbs, $4.639)

No comments: