Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another day...

Obama has 'effectively' clinched the votes he needed to be nominated by the Democratic Party. Whew! What a grueling marathon race! Anyway, I like him a little bit less now, as I explained in my previous blog entry, but he's still my favorite though. May God give him enough wisdom to manage our nation well..., but not too much to the point of getting too arrogant like Solomon. As a 1 term senator... and if elected president... I think it'll be very easy for anyone to over inflate his ego... so may God also guard his heart... and remind him to stay humble... and use him to really perfect the state of our union!

And more bad economic news... GM shutting down plants... and may even sell the Hummer division off... Even government nuclear labs are laying off people due to congressional budget cuts. They are worried that those people might end up working for foriegn governments..., but then why do you lay them off then?!?!? Anyway, surely nobody thought those people could lose their jobs, sign of the times I guess...

I'm still getting this occasional annoying headache. I thought I was better yesterday, but then during the evening it came back again... and my neck ended up pretty sour and stiff too because of the headache... so I finally give in to wife's advice to just take a painkiller last night. I am feeling better today like yesterday..., but hopefully things won't get worse again during the evening... Anyway, I think this is probably the first time I've experienced what Apostle Paul had experienced. But of course I'm sure the thorn in my head is much smaller than his thorn... wherever it was... God has been gracious to me too. I'm not really lacking in anything at this point! :) And I'm going to pray again that may God heal my head... or at least give me sufficient energy during our upcoming vacation in Chicago... also I hope it won't rain too much over there while we're there... But whatever happens, hopefully we'll have a good time and may God be with us! :)

Today's reading was about how Moses prepared Aaron and his sons to be priests. God has also raised us up to be priests of this generation too. May we also be a blessing to the people around us... and may the glory of God appear to all of us too!

(Lev 7-9, 173.8 lbs, $4.439/gallon)

No comments: