Monday, June 9, 2008

Chicago Trip

P6063661

Trip to Chicago was pretty cool. We pretty much saw everything there is to see in Chicago... and we did it cheaply too! Well, not that we're 'cheap', just want to make sure that we don't waste money that's all! We stayed at a pretty cool hotel thanks to priceline, and we saved rental car money because Chicago has a pretty good mass transit system. Plus, they even provide free trolley buses for us tourists. How cool is that?

There was suppose to be a huge thunder storm too, but weather wasn't so bad after all. I hope our praying didn't end up causing the neighboring state of Indiana to experience flood... :o

Anyway, the climate there really felt very similar to Taiwan. Very humid. Neat place, but not sure if I'd really trade it for LA. I dunno, whenever I travel, I'd never like the place more than the homeplace that I came from..., but then again, if I do get to spend enough time with the new place, it can often grow on me. Seattle is a prime example. I hated that place during my short visits, but after spending a few months there, I actually like it very much! So anyway, I guess I'll reserve my judgement until after I actually lived there for a few months? Perhaps I'll enjoy sailing in the Great Lake cause it's just so windy there! ;)

Today's reading was about how Aaron lost couple of his sons because of the wrong kinda fire they used at the altar. If we don't obey and sanctify ourselves, I guess the moral of the story is that God will sanctify us. In our eyes, it may seem harsh..., just as having live coal touching our lips may seem harsh..., but God has to do what He has to do... and what God does is always good for us. Pastor Jim's sermon also reminded us of this. Whenever we approach God, things can often turn from WOW to WOE!!! Surely Aaron and family were happy to be installed as priests, ready to do God's work, but then woe came to them...

When stuffs like that happens, can we really trust God did it for our benefit for some kind of good? We just have to remember that God is not a God who created us just to later on destroy us. God is not only a Creator but also a Redeemer because His love endures forever!!! Just like in dad's sermon: 我活著就是 基督,死了就有益處。So what if I live or die, right? But as long as we're living, 但願今日教會不但行善,更給人生命。

(Lev 10~12, 174.8 lbs, $4.639)

No comments: