Thursday, May 1, 2008

Isn't it amazing?

It's quite amazing Abraham, at such an old age, can still have so many children with his 2nd wife, keturah. It's also quite amazing that Isaac, like father like son, also tried to pass off his wife as his sister in order to save his own butt. At least Abrahams has good excuse, Sarah was indeed his sister, or half sister. Rebekah at most is just a cousin of Isaac... It's also amazing to me that Isaac couldn't think of anything else to bless Esau with...

Anyway, comparing myself to Esau and Jacob... in certain areas, I think I can be like Esau. When I'm tired and hungry, I think I just might sell my birthright. Hey, I'm not a first born anyway! ;) Of course I also wouldn't be like Jacob to try to trick my brother to give it up...

I think I need to learn to not see things so 'lightly' as Esau sometimes. Instead of shrugging my shoulders and go whatever..., I need to be more like Jacob to really grab hold of things that are important. May God help me see the important things in life... so that I'd know when to grab on and when to let go.

Last night, Jacob, our friend, finished mixing the song that I sang..., like I said, my original assessment of my original performance was probably just a 65%. After autotuned, it's barely 70%. After all the fine turing and fixing by Jacob, it's probably getting close to 80%! ;)

The song is really too hard for me, not sure if I can really perform that song LIVE on stage. I tried my best and gave my best. Hope God is pleased, that's all that matters...

It's amazing that God has used me to actually perform on stage..., it also amazing that God has given me a chance to become a recording artist! ;)

It's even more amazing that we bought 6 scoops of ice cream for only $1.86! (Thank God for the treats!) And upon asking the Baskin Robins folks, we found out that each scoop of ice cream is only 1 cent!!! Out of the 31 cents/scoop, probably 30 goes to fire fighters charity... and 1 cent to cover the cost of ice cream.

Unbelievable.
(Gen 25-27)

No comments: