Friday, May 16, 2008

Gay marriage...

Californians just cannot make up their minds about gay marriages... California can be really messed up... cause not only do we have state law makers, court can intervene, governor can veto, even the people can vote on propositions directly without going thru law makers..., but then of course court can toss away propositions of the people too..

Anyway, bottomline is that as of now, california court has decided to allow gay marriages eventhough we already have laws in place giving same sex couple the same exact rights as married couples.

It's very interesting how heterosexuals are now so afraid of committing to marriage, yet, homosexuals can't wait to get married! I guess we always want what we can't have... as soon as we have it, we probably won't want it anymore! ;)

Anyway, all I can say is that at least having a monogamous gay couple is better than gay people having sex with bunch of different people..., but of course will the gay people really honor their marriage agreement to not commit adultery?

Whatever, at least some good news today. Lucas Ortega was born early this morning. Finally..., this little kid probably was dreading coming into this crazy world..., but I have to be fair that this world is still a wonderful world.

This world just just like that glass with half glass of water. We can be gay(happy) living in it or we can be mad. The choice is ours. Make the wrong choices like Pharoh, then you will suffer. But then, did Pharoh really have a choice? Didn't God hardened his heart? Do homosexuals have a choice? They never asked to be born that way?

Truthfully, of course we all know Pharoh's being mean. Homosexuality is just plain un-natural. However, we can still graciously let them be who they want to be as long as we don't participate in their wrongdoing. This is like what Pastor Jim said, "to cooperate as much as we can, but to never compromise ourselves." I sympathize with Pharoh and gay people, I can certainly understand how they feel..., and I'm glad I'm not really in their shoes.

If I were really in their shoes, will I really be able to choose to do that right thing?

If I were in Jesus' shoes, will I really drink up that bitter cup as if I were drinking Coca-Cola?

May I live out my answers instead of just answering them on paper(Or on a blog)! ;)

May God help me to be able to live a life that can make Him proud! :)

(Gen 10-12)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"but of course will the gay people really honor their marriage agreement to not commit adultery?"


Probably not...but then again plenty of heterosexual don't either.

It has nothing to do with being gay or straight. And everything to do with being human. Just sayin...

Anonymous said...

Good post.