Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Laying down the laws...

Today's reading was about God giving the Jews the 10 commandments at Mt. Sinai. Yeah, nobody can really meet all of the laws laid down by God, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't still obey them as much as humanly possible. I think this is similar to goal setting. We may not achieve all of our goals or dreams, but to not have them at all or to given them up completely certainly won't help us live our lives any better.

After setting some goals this weekend, I really do want to get involved with creating 'stuffs' at work! ;) Yeah, quite often at work, we'd be introduced into a program at the half way point... usually it's to clean up messes... at other times, we could be starting something..., and then due to forces beyond our control, the program gets cancelled. Plus, at bigger companies, there are way more politics at work too... So something 'inspired' me to just surf Monster.com and I found the job posting at a relative small company which happens to want people with my experience. With smaller companies... and smaller programs, for sure it'll be much easier to see things thru from beginning to the end I think. I like the feeling of starting and finish something. Back in school, I really enjoy helping building our school's solar car from scratch... and then seeing it win pole position 9 months down the road. That was quite satisfying!

Anyway, is this God opening a new door for me? I've made the attempt to open that door, if what's behind the door sucks, may God hold it shut for me! But of course I hope this is an opportunity presented to me by God! Well, we'll see. ;)

(Gen 19-21)

No comments: