Monday, May 19, 2008

Interesting weekend...

No, this weekend we didn't do anything exciting or went anywhere all that interesting... ;) However, it really has been quite a rollercoaster ride nevertheless...

It's been happening more frequently than usual lately, that is wife and I would start talking about things... and then inevitably the converstaion would slowly drift negatively... and going down hill... no matter what we were talking about originally, things tend to end up coming back to the same old issues again and again... and at some of the issues, we just cannot see eye to eye. I just cannot agree with her and she just cannot agree with me.

For me, that's cool. People are entitled to their own opinions. I can agree to disagree with people without allowing disagreements to ruin my relationship with them. However, wife cannot do that. Whenever this happens, I can sense a huge thick wall coming down in between me and my wife. Wife not only would end up sleepless, but also couldn't bear to sleep with me.

Whenever this happens, I'm really not sure what to do. By talking about it, we cannot reach an agreement. By not talking about it, I come off as insenstive, not knowing how to comfort her. By trying to comfort her, I sometimes just don't say the right things...

Of course the best course of action is to just talk to God about it.

Saturday was supposedly some sort of revival prayer day with a bunch of chinese churches united together to pray for revival. But on that day, I was basically praying for survival! Not only was wife so annoyed to sleep by my side in the evening, she even felt like going out by herself during the day for couple of hours...

Anyway, God was merciful on us, after wife got a little breather, when she returned, things finally began to feel like it's getting better. We also made some mutual and personal goals together that evening so that we both can improve together...

On Sunday, Faith got a guest speaker, Pastor Phil... he talked about how we ought to see things not only from a personal perspective, but also a generational and eternal perspective. Are we leaving a legacy that can positively impact our future generations? Only by looking at things from all those different persepectives can things begin to make sense. He also said something that shocked Jack... which was that marriage isn't about happiness. If you think getting marry can bring your more happiness, then surely you will be disappointed! However, only by knowing this truth, now you can begin to have a chance of being truly happy in a marriage! ;) Very paradoxical... just as Christ said one must lose his life in order to save it...

While wife and I were setting our goals on Saturday, I sorta said I want to leave a legacy of being loving husband and father... and perhaps create and build something cool and beneficial to mankind before I die. Wife desires a legacy of creating cool and wonderful music.... so I hope our goals are in line with what God has in mind for us... if not, hey, please let us know, okay Lord Jesus? ;)

Later on that day, we also attended Louie and Vicky's wedding. They genuinely looked happy together and they do have this 'husband and wife' look. They also look like they are enjoying the fellowship of their new church... I do hope that they continue to remember to walk together with God and may their marriage be filled with not only happiness but also full of God's blessings.

Today's reading was about Moses leading the Jews to cross the Red Sea. Honestly this weekend got me feeling like being stucked in between the red sea and the Egyptian army pursuing me to kill me. I was actually kinda worry for my own marriage for a while... was wondering perhaps I'll be attending Louie's wedding alone? Or perhaps attending the wedding with wife being mad at me or in a bad mood...

But thanks be to God that he has opened up a way for us. We actually quite enjoy our Sunday together. We even danced a bit in Louie's wedding, consider that wife hates dancing... ;)

God is so good. We've survived, will the revival be near? God help us! :)

(Gen 13-15)

No comments: