Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Energy crisis...

Every week, it seems gas prices are climbing steadily... with the weakened economy combined with high fuel cost, pretty much every sector is hurting... outlook at the near future certainly doesn't look that bright. Hope we won't return to the high inflation, low growth time of the 70's.... and surprisingly home prices for April actually went up a bit after a huge dip during March... wonder what's it gonna be like for May...

At least I found some encouraging words from today's reading:

Ex 34:10 Then the LORD said: "I am making a covenant with you. Before all your people I will do wonders never before done in any nation in all the world. The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the LORD, will do for you. 11 Obey what I command you today. I will drive out before you the Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 12 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going, or they will be a snare among you.

Even after all the evils the Jews did in God's eyes, God continued to be merciful..., but of course Moses interceeded for them often... so yeah, I better do a better job obeying God's will... and pray more often I guess. What else can I do about a world which I have little or no control over?

So I hope I can have a face that glows with radiance like Moses! ;) May God show me His glory... and may God use me so that people around me can also get a glimpse of His glory!

(Exodus 34-36)

No comments: