Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorable weekend or not so memorable weekend?

Yesterday I read about the priestly garment... I suppose a picture is worth a thousand words!

Anyway, last weekend was Memorial Weekend, first long weekend of the year. Cool thing was that once again God has given me a chance to be a modern day 'priest'... to play bass with the LoFo worship team led by Jay.

Haven't played for a long time really showed..., but I suppose it's not like I had always been mistake free before! ;) Anyway, really honored by the opportunity, but LoFo still really isn't home for us. Lots of friends there, but not sure if it can ever be a spritual home for us... Does Jay even see it as 'home' for him? We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. I don't mind helping out a brother whenever I can be of help, but I'd prefer to help God instead... instead of just moving around with Jay... Anyway, may God help us find a home...

And Today's scripture reading was about while Moses was gone, the Israelites just went nuts and turned to the golden calf. What are they suppose to do? Their leader was gone! God wasn't with them... so they have to do something, right?

In this world, I'm sure lack of leadership can be commonplace... whether at work, at home or even at church. When we don't know what to do, what are we suppose to do? Just complain... or persuade the leadership to do whatever?

One of the songs we led during worship was "Be Still". Yep, sometimes we just need to learn to be still and wait until God shows us what to do and where to go. Moses asked God to show him His glory. May I catch a glimpse of it too? So that God's glory may hopefully be reflected off of me somehow... and help those around me to be able to have more faith, more hope, and more love!!! :)

Yeah, although most of the long weekend went well, but things went crashing down when mom made a last minute invite for Monday evening... Mom's inability to take no for an answer, wife's inability to accept last minute invites... and my inability to communicate properly in a way can all be categorize as 'satanic attcks' I guess. We ended up not going to the museum as we planned in order to resolve some problems..., God was merciful I suppose, the situation was diffused... and we didn't allow satan's scheme to destroy our relationships with one another! Praise the LORD!

However, may God continue to soften our necks and hearts so that we may all turn to Him and follow Him... May God continue to show us the way... and show us His glory! :)

(Exodus 28-33)

2 comments:

Funky Thistle said...

I consider it inappropriate to describe me as someone who has "inability to accept last minute invites". I have been accepting plenty of last min invites when I think it's not an ongoing trend. I accept last min invites when things are meaningful. For example that last min stupid concert thing which happened recently. Even Jay's BBQ was quite last min if you didn't remember. I only turn down invites from people such as PC and your mom because they are not able to understand this world does not revolve around them only. I have no obligations of meeting people who I don't want to meet and will not meet again perhaps for my life time. If you are not able to tell the differences please at least have the wisdom to choose your own wording.

Billy said...

Sorry about using the wrong words, I'll be more careful in the future...