Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Doubts...

We all have them. We have them because we've experienced things that happened that crush our hopes. And unlike Obama's book title, we don't always have that audacity to hope...

I think I'm a man who's fairly faithful, hopeful and loving in God. However, on a personal level, I'm not really all that faithful to myself. I don't always do what I want to do... and I often do things that I don't really want to do. I'm also not very hopeful of myself..., I think I have improved, but I can certainly still use some more self confidence...

Anyway, today's reading of Moses was encouraging in a way that Moses himself have doubts about himself a lot too! God was indeed patient and kind with Moses! ;)

Having no faith in self is understandable... as long as there's still faith in God, we can still be okay! We just have to learn to not go by what is visible all the time I guess. There is this invisible realm out there... such as we can only see visible light, but not radio waves or microwaves... we can only hear certain ranges of sound, once it's too low or too high, we simply won't hear it anymore. Doesn't mean those things won't matter to us? Of course not.

Currently I'm reading a new book by some mathematician. He's talking about some monsterous symmetrical shape that exists in some 693,xxxth dimension... I cannot even visualize things beyond 3 dimensional space... and there they are attempting to unlock all the basic fundamental symmetrical shape there can possibly exist... actually they did already. Just as chemists have their periodic table for elements, these mathematicians have figured out the fundamental symmetric shapes!

I still don't quite get it, but it's kinda intereting. Wikipedia has a good explanation of the 'hypercubes' existing in various dimensions of space. We all know a cube in our 3rd dimension. Square would be a 'cube' in 2 dimension. In 1-D space, a 'cube' is just a line. In 0-D space, cube is just a point...

In 4th dimension, it looks somewhat like this:



I doubt I'll ever be able to properly visualize this cube, but anyway, I have faith that in 4-D space, that's what it looks like! ;)

(Exodus 4-6)

No comments: