Thursday, May 8, 2008

President Obama?

I'm nearly done with Obama's book..., and the nomination process of the democratic party is probably nearly done too. So far it's still not a 100% sure thing yet, but all indicators point to Obama ending up as the likely winner over Clinton.

I think Obama is right for the job... because at least he's been thru living regular kinda lives. He didn't come from a rich family... he has actually worked at Baskin Robins when he was younger... he must've looked dorky with their uniforms selling ice cream! ;) Unlike most modern US presidents, I don't really think they know exactly what's it like to be 'regular'... what's it like to be middle class Americans... Further, Obama has been around..., raised in Indonesia... he has seen first hand how people of other nations look at the USA. How the Indonesians eventually developed more and more hatred for the USA... So given that he knows what's it like to be an average American... and he knows what's it like to be non-American... I think he should be able to do a good job of solving domestic and international issues currently facing the US today.

There are couple of things that I'm not sure about him is that he is indeed real short on experience. Furthermore, I don't understand how such an 'inexperience' politician can end up raising more campaign money than the experienced Clintons!!! Is somebody else backing him? Nobody saw him coming initially... I hope that 'somebody' who's backing him is "God", otherwise he really does seem too good to be true!

Another thing I find disturbing about Obama is that he asked for permission for that first kiss from his now wife! Yeah, gentleman has to be gentle and respectful, surely we shouldn't be forcing a kiss on a gal, but to ask for permission? Anyway, I suppose that's not a great sin, but just lame... ;)

I never asked my wife. When a girl is ready, surely it's easy to tell. When a girl is not ready, surely that's easy to tell too. If the woman is really good and making it difficult to tell... or if the guy is just too stupid to figure out..., you can still just go for it... and one way or another, you'll be able to tell whether or not if a girl likes you! She'll either kiss you back... or turn away... or slap you! Anyway, I personally think asking for permission to kiss is just wimpy. Of course some gals may find such wimpy guys cute, but a man's gotta be a man, not a cute puppy, right?

I hope Obama is not as wimpy as I think...

Joseph can also appear very wimpy most of the time... Begged for his life and still got sold as slave by his bros... got thrown in jail because of his boss' wife... begged the cup bearer to remember him for interpretting dreams..., but the cup bearer still forgot... from a worldly perspective, he indeed seems wimpy, but we all know spiritually, he is strong because he walks with God. In a way, I suppose it'd difficult to tell at the time whether if someone is wimpy or humble I suppose. Only time well tell.

(Gen 40-42)

No comments: