Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Brother GD and Sister Prophet don't really like Halloween..., I don't really love it or anything, but I thought kids deserves a little bit of fun... ;) Instead of dressing up as little ghosts or monsters knocking on doors yelling 'trick or treat?' I think I'd have my kids dressed up as little Jesus or an angel asking, "heaven or hell?" ;)

Anyway, I suppose we don't have to celebrate as the pagans do, but I guess I can appreciate the effort by Washing Mutual to decorate their office building in Seattle... it's a good PR move...

So how are we Christians to celebrate this All Saint's Holiday???

Hm....

By going to a prayer meeting, that's how! ;)

Today's reading was about Pharisees. I suppose those folks remind us that we better not be too religious with our faith... Christ desires mercy not just useless sacrifices... God wishes everyone would come knocking on His door trick-or-treating... and God would be more than happy to give us more than just candy..., but His sweet love and eternal life! God is so good.

(Matthew 12:1-45)

No comments: