Monday, October 22, 2007

Wild fire once again...

Last night we thought our neighbor's cooking was stir frying too much smoke... and it was really irritating our eyes and breathing..., as it turned out, it was probably also the wild fires! The dry Santa Ana wind's certainly not helping too... Hopefully it can be contained soon. Anyway, wife suspected that I probably got sick Friday because of my lack of ear wax in my ear... the sudden change of 'pressure' build up was probably what's screwing me up! I was breaking out cold sweats..., felt like throwing up, and suffering some headache..., but as it turned out, a good nite's sleep was once again able to cure it! Thank God! :)
The next morning, I was able to eat like a pig once more! I cooked up some greasy bacon, ham, egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast... it looked kinda ugly, but it didn't taste too bad amazingly!!! ;) We later on saw Ang Lee's Lust Caution. As I told my wife..., I just plain didn't like the film... and I also don't think it's that crucial to keep all of the explicit sex scenes in order to tell the story properly. It earned a NC-17 rating, could've just hide the actor's balls to get it down to an R rated movie probably... such rating can probably further boost box office ticket sales... Anyway, besides the sex, I really think the story kinda sucks. I just don't get the main female character. Why she did what she did? Just doesn't make sense to me. I suppose lots of folks probably make decisions that make no sense?!?!? Was that Ang Lee's point? Maybe..., but I can't help but give this movie a thumbs down.

On Sunday, perhaps my ear wax was really impeding my listening abilities..., worship really seemed a lot louder to me for whatever reasons! Hopefully my spiritual ear wax may be cleansed away too so that I may hear God better! ;) Pastor Jim talked about being heros... saying that we are all equipped with special powers from God to be heros... first thing he talked about was our God given cape of favors! He wanted us to expect favors from God! As it turned out, it happened very quickly... that evening we had free dinner simply because we bumped into Jay's parents at the same restaraunt... and Mr. Cheng insisted on paying for our meal!!! Thank God for His favor! But I hope we can soon become more 'heroic' around other's too... instead of simply being recipients of favors and blessings!

Finally in formula 1, a controversial season has finally came to an end. Brazil race was interesting to watch... too bad Lewis Hamilton threw it away in the end, but this promising rookie should have plenty more chances to win more championships in the future. I'm glad Kimi has finally won a championship... coming into this race 3rd... and then edge everyone else by a single point to win! Wow! Good for him! I'm happy for him!

Oh, and today's scripture read is about King Belshazzar, the first person to ever join Facebook... and God wrote him a message on his wall!!!! Not a very good message... May God leaves good messages on our walls, but we gotta first be humble and obedient...

(Daniel 5)

No comments: