Monday, October 8, 2007

Busy Weekend!

This weekend, we seemed to have done quite a bit of things... for the 1st time, we rode the bikes Pastor Zo gave us to IHOP for pancakes. We also ran some errands along the way..., distance-wise it wasn't too long, but it wasn't short either. We ended up with our butts hurting... and wife said her leg was a little shaky too... maybe we rode a little bit too much on our first attempt, but if we do it regularly, I'm sure it's not that big of a deal. Later on I went rotate my tires on my Civic, found a nail on my tire, but it wasn't leaking air so I thought I'll leave that in for now... If it ain't broken, why fix it? ;) Changing tires was also quite a workout. So on Saturday, I actually end up losing a lot of weight... I went almost below 180 lbs before eating dinner that evening... even after dinner, I was only about 182.

And because we're going to Catalina Island on Sunday, we decided to goto a Saturday service at Faith. There were a LOT less folks on Saturday and I don't think we've ever sat so close... Pastor Jim continue on a similar passage from last week except he changed it slightly to "WHO got you here, won't get you there!" This week he's more focused on 'partnership'. Of course Pastor Jim had to make himself clear that he's not talking about convenant relationships such as marriage... he's not asking us to continue to change partners to get to places... nor is he talking about switching churches to get to places..., but being a team player is important. Even Jesus himself quickly chose a 'team' after his baptism and temptations. And the purpose of a 'team' is to equip and train themselves to get the job done! And of course we have to be careful not to allow bad company to corrupt good character. God places more emphasis on our character than our success!!! Anyway, I think wife and I ought to start a prayer "team" together and learn to pray in agreement more regularly instead of just over meal time!(Mat 18:19-20) Okay, we'll try to start tonite instead of tomorrow... ;)

Oh, and our trip to Catalina on Sunday with Sister Hui-ling and Eva was kinda fun and relaxing..., it's too bad that we ate too much... I think I was about 180ish in the morning too, but by the time I get back home... I was more than 186lbs!!!!!!!!! I don't recalling me eating that much! See, our lunch has very tiny portions:



Of course we also had ice cream...



And we shared some ribs in the evening, I don't really think we ate a whole lot, but our weigh scale sure is telling us otherwise... see, we don't look that fat do we? ;)




Anyway, as long as we don't eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence, we should be okay, right? ;) Today's scripture reading is about Solomon's proverbs. Hmm..., may my wisdom be also something that increases within me instead of just fat! ;)


(Proverbs 2-4)


Oh, and one notable mention would be an interesting development for F-1 racing... rookie Lewis Hamilton may very well had tossed his championship away by losing the Shanghai race over the weekend... It is really his championship to lose..., he's still leading, but now we have a 3 way battle for the very last race of the season in Brazil... this hasn't happen for decades... usually we have one top guy who clinches the championship already or we'd at most have a duo between two..., but to have 3 potential championship winners, that's cool! :)


Here's a cool wet shot of Lewis Hamilton. He sure remind me of my former F-1 hero Ayrton Senna...

Lewis Hamilton:

Debut season for Ayrton Senna:


No comments: