Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The King!

Elvis Presley remains as the highest earning dead celebrities... he earned about $49million in the past year. How cool is that! ;) During his early years, Elvis was influenced primarily by gospel music while he attended an Assembly of God Pentecostal church with his family..., the dude actually enjoys singing hymns. Of course this King also knows very well who is the King of Kings!!!! ;) Anyway, wonder when will the next 'Elvis' come along...

One encouraging thing to note is that I think I'm finally making progress debating on internet forums!!! I've debated athesits, Christadelphians(who believe Jesus is Lord, but not God...), and Buddhists... and for 'years', I don't think I've converted a single soul. Gospel isn't really meant to be debated I guess. If I win the debate, the other person would be pissed... if I lose the debate, for sure they won't believe the gospel... so most of the time, I debate for my own benefit. Whenever questions arises which I don't know the answer to, I'd try to find out in the bible or from some other sources...
Anway, today, it seems that one of the Buddhists I was debating with is beginning to doubt his faith in Buddhism. This guy is French Canadian..., I think he must've suffered thru some horrible experiences with Christians in the past..., he really hated Christians..., I think he sorta hates me to..., but I think I'm slowly getting thru to him... Anyway, may the Holy Spirit can personally guide him on the right path later on... he has actually put together a "plan" which I found pretty impressive. Anyway, may God be with him!
Today's scripture reading is about Matthew... and very short. However, it pointed out some important things about the Christ... that he desire mercy more than sacrifice. That although he hates sin, but he loves sinners. Elvis Presley for sure is not a perfectly righteous person, surely not everything that he did would please God. I'm sure not everything that I do would please God too..., but for sure we know that God loves us... that we're righteous by our faith. Just that hopefully we are pleasing God more and more with our born again lives too! :)

No comments: