Monday, October 15, 2007

Tiring weekend...

This weekend has been a productive and busy once again... Finally got a chance to ride with Pastor Zo's family... Jay joined us too, but his bike has a leak so he couldn't really ride with us... Anyway, good for him, he probably would be exhausted by riding with us!!! ;) Wife was really tired too..., but I thought it was kinda cool. Never realized that LA has these bike trails... of course the scenary wasn't really all that great, but it was kinda cool because it felt as if we're in the wild... in a totally different world!!!

We also saw 'Evan Almighty'. It was kind of a stupid comedy, but has some cool messages in it though. The writer of the movie did a pretty good job to help audiences understand God better, but not sure if people would really take it seriously... anyway, in the movie, Evan was called by God to build an ark... later on, I built a small ark in our dining room too!

Yeah, we got ourselves a new dining room table from IKEA. It's kinda cool because it's expandable!!! It's very solid too! Unlike most IKEA items... Anyway, it'll be nice having a real table around the apartment! Our cat also love to just chill under it too, just like the animals in the movies... ;)
On Sunday, we also went to Faith with Jacob and Louisa..., too bad Pastor Jim was away and it was Pastor's wife preaching... I generally agree with what she's saying, but of course she's not as good of a 'preacher' compared to her husband. Still, her message was still not too bad... we ought to empower others and set others up to succeed... and hopefully others do the same to others... need to figuer out a way to set my wife up for success! ;)

We also had lunch with some of our old family friends later on. We used to live together when I was in High School, haven't seen some of them for a long time... and now we're all married and stuff... wow, time sure has flew by!!!

Anyway, the most interesting thing over the weekend was perhaps watching a video of a guy explaining how dinosaurs may not be as old as we think... and he used the bible to explain things away... I still haven't finish the whole video just yet, but I'll write more about it later on after I finish! ;)

And today's scripture reading is once again about a guy I'm not that familiar with... Baruch, just just a secretary type for prophet Jeremiah I guess. Jeremiah gets the Word... and Baruch basically just get to write things down... and then deliver the message, by reading it, to the people. So for sure that's not an easy and I'm sure a very thankless job.

I can probably write things down too, but would I dare deliver the message to the people in public? Evan in the movie faced similar kind of dilemma too... will I be able to really carry out what God wants me to do when push comes to shove? Hmm... I hope so, but I'm also sure that I've failed Him plenty of times... :( But thank God that we have a loving and patient God and a God of impossible! :)

(Jeremiah 36,43,45)

No comments: