Thursday, October 18, 2007

Daniel's friends...

Today, we'll have a going away lunch for one of my co-workers, Simon... the dude is a graduate of USC and always wears a jacket with USC on it... I think the love of my life is the only USC grad who's not that crazy about her school! ;) Anyway, Simon is actually going to the exact company and department which I came from about 4 years ago. What a small world!

I was there for about 3 years, working on satellite antenna. Work environment was great and the pay was great too... I remember making more than Daniel back then..., but now that I'm working with Daniel... he has past me by! Anyway, main reason why I switched job was because I was really bored with working on antenna... so wanted to come back to the airplane field. For sure the past years a Boeing had been more interesting... I worked on the shuttle... and actually travelled to Texas and Florida... and saw the shuttle! I also worked in Seattle for a few month on a totally brand new plane..., but too bad that didn't go anywhere... Also, had I been with my old job, my top secret clearance probably would make marrying my black listed illegal alien wife impossible too! ;)

So God makes all things work together for the good of all those who love Him I guess! Today's reading is about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, Daniel's friends, who got thrown into the furnace. Regardless of whether God rescues them or not in the firey furnace, they would NOT bow down and worship false idols. I'm also a Daniel's friend, may the Lord strengthen me to be more like them too! ;)

(Daniel 3)

No comments: