Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Feeling stressed!

It's been kinda busy at work lately, trying to juggle multiple tasks at the same time, hopefully won't end up doing badly on all of them!!! Only good thing is overtime pay I guess, but I think my body is getting too stressed for it... anyway, may God help guide me thru this problem.

Also almost got a condo today, but not really sure exactly what the bank is thinking about our offer... and not sure how the market's gonna go..., but anyway, not going to worry too much about it. If it's going to be a good deal, surely God will help us get it... if not, then not! ;)

Today's reading was about Jews dividing the spoils after battling the Midianites. I don't quite get the significance of such event... perhaps the actually fighting men get to keep more of the spoils... they get half and the rest of the community gets the other half... of course God also better get His share... ;) Another story was about how the tribe of Reubenite and Gadite wanted land... and then also made pact to continue to fight with other tribes of Israel to drive out the people there until they inherit the land. What's most interesting to me was the words God said near the end:

55 " 'But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will become barbs in your eyes and thorns in your sides. They will give you trouble in the land where you will live. 56 And then I will do to you what I plan to do to them.' "

I suppose during modern days, for us, these 'inhabitants' would be our bad habits... or sin. If we don't get rid of them, not only will we miss out on God's promise, but bad things probably will end up happening! (Judgement!!!) Anyway, it's not helping me alleviating my stress Lord!!!!! Oh well! ;)

(Num 31-33, 174.0 lbs, $4.759)

No comments: