Monday, July 7, 2008

A short long weekend...

Long weekend was a nice break from the hectic work schedule, but too bad the weekend just wasn't long enough!!! This weekend I finally decided to take the time to fix the termite damaged house for my parents, but too bad it wasn't fully completed, but at least most of it is done! Something productive at least... unfortunately this means spending less time with the wife... so I now have to reset the number of consecutive happy days for the wife and can't go on to th next prime number! ;)

Lovely wife for sure has improved with her temper, although we were sorta arguing/fighting, but at least it didn't drag on and our discussions were quite constructive! It is now my turn to improve myself too! Com'on Billy, you can do it!!!! :D

Pastor Jim's sermon last Sunday was about how true liberty involves not only freedom to do whatever we want, but also to know our responsibilities too. We shouldn't abuse God's grace, we also shouldn't forget about Truth! Today's reading was also another reminder to not forget about God... and to not do stupid things such as worshipping the golden calf to anger Him.

Sigh..., why is it so easy for us to be so forgetful when times are good?

Anyway, today I also read something interesting from a book I'm reading recently... it contains a bunch of short stories from a surgeon. There was a quote in there I thought was really cool... that life is basically God's novel... we are the characters in the novel, how would we want God to write His stories? Of course we have a say regarding how the story goes too... I can only hope that my story turn out good! Will it be good O God? ;)

(Deut 7-9, 174.2 lbs, $4.739)

No comments: