Thursday, July 31, 2008

戀愛(練愛)

Last night, wife sorta got upset at me due to me screwing up again... however, this situation didn't continue to escalate as before! Thank God I'm a bit more wiser or something... ;) I was amazingly able to carry on sufficiently good conversation to help steer wife's mood to become better and better! This is something I have never done before, so I guess there has been some improvement on my part... I'm still quite amazed by what happened! And of course some improvement on wife's part too! ;) Conclusion of our talk was that I better continue to practice to be a better communicator, to be more attentive... to be a better husband basically! And for wife, she just need to learn to practice how to love!

Anyway, it's really interesting that God put me and wife together..., I'm really 'grace', and she's more like 'truth'. I really need to learn to do things right in accordance to the truth..., and she really need to learn to be more graceful and loving. Lord Jesus Christ is paradoxically full of both grace and truth, may we become more like him over time...

Today we had dinner with not only Jack, but also Katty and Howard. Howard was jokingly asking wife and I if we are still in love(戀愛). I said of course! But we're more like practicing how to love(練愛)! Practice makes perfect! ;)

Today's reading was about Joshua, well advanced in the years, encouraging the Jews to keep their convenant with God... reminding them that their obedience or disobedience will bring either blessings or curses!!! Of course the Jews proclaimed that they will serve the Lord!

But when the period of Judges come, Jews clearly showed how the spirit might be willing, but the flesh is weak. May God help us guard against our weak flesh. May we be able to continue to obey and receive blessings... instead of screwing up. Most importantly, we need to continue to practice loving God and others to the very end no matter what happens!

Strengthen us O God! :)

(Josh 22-24; 174.0 lbs; $4.359)

No comments: