Sunday, August 3, 2008

Selah!

Wife was really looking forward to her new camera on Friday and asked me to pick it up from my parent's house, but unfortunately I totally forgot about that... so naturally that really disappointed her and sorta ruined the whole evening for us that Friday... To her, she couldn't believe how I can be so inconsiderate and forgetful? Don't I know she's really looking foward to this? How can I forget after repeated reminders?

Well, I just forgot... I don't want to forget, I didn't mean to forget, but I forgot anyway. Sigh... How can I do that? Why did I do that? I don't know..., but may God help me become more attentive and more mindful of things...

Anyway, God did help me comfort wife better I suppose. Earlier on in our relationship, I couldn't even comfort my wife properly. At least wife's angry period is getting shorter and shorter... hmm, not sure if it's I'm improving as a comforter or perhaps God has also helped wife deal with anger better? Perhaps it's paradoxically BOTH! ;)

練愛 is so hard..., but we gotta keep on practicing I suppose! Only with practicing can we hope to ever make it 'perfect'!

Anyway, so the next day, After wife and I feel all better, we visited the LA Arboretum to play with our new toy! I just took one picture, which is shown below..., with manual zoom and focus! Wow, I'm such a talented photographer! ;)
DSCF0031
We also treated dad with a steak dinner on Saturday too, but too bad our steaks didn't sizzle like Ruth Chris's for whatever reasons..., but at least I've finally successfully made french fries this time... I've failed that many times before! ;)

Anyway, Pastor Jim gave a sermon that kinda spoke to my heart today. He said joy is proportional to the level of our trust and knowledge of God. Quite often in this world, as we look around, we may be distressed; as we look within ourselves, we may get depressed; only when we look up to God, we may feel at rest. Can we be still and know that God is God and He is in control? We know that God makes all things, both good and bad, happen so that those who love Him can be benefitted... of course when bad things happen, it could be other people's fault... such as when Joseph experienced bad things, it's not really his own doing... when Jesus was crucified, it wasn't his fault..., but in real life, sometimes bad things happen because we screwed up! Well, hopefully we can all screw up less and less so that we can all make it less painful for others... and hopefully that we can increase our tolerance for pain so that when others cause pain, we can be more like Joseph... more like Christ! Bottomline is that we all need to learn to just be still and know that He is God. Selah! <===(unknown Hebrew word probably means pause, be still...) (Judges 1-3, 175.0 lbs, $4.359 )

No comments: