Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lovely end!

Olympics has come to a close. Hopefully China won't end up like Athens..., in just 4 years, new facilities have dilapidated away... Anyway, whatever happened, China has succeeded in refreshing its image as a major up and coming modern nation. For sure China has impressed the world, but the world also can still see China's fakeness. Such as the lip sync girl singer... and the underage gymnists, etc. However, the world at large is pretty fake too. China is simply playing along, showing the world that it can be just like them! ;)

May God someday transform China from within, transform China in a way that money can't buy. May China be able to not only win gold medals that'll perish, but also prizes from heaven that'll last forever!

I think F-1 had a 3 week break because of Olympics. Finally F-1 cars are now back again! However, the race in Spain was pretty boring though. Spain as a nation seem pretty boring to me. The only thing I'm interested in seeing is Alhambra in Granada(pictured)! And this is only because I live in Alhambra! Maybe someday I'll go there, to find all 17 or 19 maximum possible symmetrical tile patterns! ;)
Pastor Jim probably went to China for the Olympics. He's still out last Sunday, so it was pastor Dawn who gave us the sermon. It's intersting that she talked more about setting free... how we ought to create a safe haven for others, not to condemn others and treat others gracefully and truthfully. Wife was telling me earlier that people often find it safe to divulge dark secrets to her for whatever reasons. Probably because people know that it's safe to tell her all those things..., but it interesting that I feel the opposite. I feel like wife can condemn me sometimes! ;) But of course I later on realize that she's just telling me the truth that perhaps I'm not aware of!
Anyway, may God continue to work in my household so that we can make it a better sanctuary, be full of grace and truth. Only love can cover multitude of sins, only love can transform us sinners into being holy. It sure would be nice if we can all love one another like David and Jonathan! :)
(1 Samuel 19-21, 173.8 lbs, $4.059)


No comments: