Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Weird phone calls...

Recently, I've been getting a bunch of international calls, at first, I thought it's from taiwan, but now, after careful investigation by wife, it's apparantly from Shanghai China! I have no clue who has been calling me. The person also doesn't bother leaving me a voicemail. Why would a person make international calls again and again and never leave a voice mail message? Hmm...

As far as I know, only Pastor Lau would call but never leave any messages. But calls weren't from Hong Kong thought...

Wife was jokingly asking me if it's my 2nd wife in China? Luckily I don't travel that frequently to China as Jay or Louie, in fact, I've never even been to China, otherwise for sure wife wouldn't be asking me about that "jokingly"! ;)

Unless someone dialed a wrong number, who could this be? My voicemail used to only have a standard greeting listing my number, now I've added my name. Next time when the caller call, he should know that he has reached the right or wrong number I guess.

Perhaps it's the ex-girlfriend of mine..., cause who else in asia could have my phone number? Supposedly she married some guy and moved to China, so it could be her. But anyway, whoever it is, I think I'm just not going to pick it up unless if the caller leaves a message.

Today's reading was about end of Gideon's life. I really like Gideon's story earlier on, but it's sad the things ended so badly for him and his family. He didn't want to be king of Israel, but he sure lived as a king nevertheless. He also had many wives and therefore many children. Perhaps he was indulging himself too much... with riches and with women... and by having too many kids, that could be a problem? One of his children, Abimelech , was a major source of problem... Gideon is probably a prototype of David! ;) Both are cool guys, but later on just lost it with riches and women... and their trouble making children.

Hmm..., my daughter Ana is also making trouble for me with my credit report!!! May God help fix me problem please!!!

(Judges 7-9, 174 lbs, $4.279)

No comments: