Friday, August 22, 2008

Thank God on a Friday! ;)

Have been watching less Olympics this week, but that didn't seem to free up more time for me for some reason. Been busy at work, been busy at home too... and sometimes I have to get busy working at home... It's been a busy week, but I didn't feel very productive at work though.

Thank God that I had a little break thru today and got one of my projects done. It sure is annoying when sometimes you try this... and try that... and it just doesn't seem to work!!! Today is supposedly Daniel's 13th year anniversary at Boeing. So he wanted to go have Shabu for lunch. I didn't really want to go because it's pricey and I know I'll eat a lot and gain weight..., but figured what the heck. Anyway, it turn out that we kept on hitting traffic on the freeway, red lights and constructions on the surface streets..., and the killer was there is a wait at the shabu place!!! So after all that, we didn't get to have shabu. Dan was very disappointed of course, but in a way I was relieved. God probably knows that I shouldn't eat that much! ;)

Anyway, besides life's obstacles, we have to admit that it also feels great when you make a break thru and overcome a challenge! There was a huge sigh of relief when I finally got one my things to work! Plus, God has helped us having pretty good bible studies with parents for a while too! Most amazing thing is that wife and I haven't been that pissed off at each other for a whopping 23 days now! That's according to my blog... and I don't even remember what we were fighting about on July 31st.... love keep no record of wrongs, right? But of course I better remember never to repeat my wrongs... ;)

Anywho, just want to give thanks to my God and hope that we'll continue on with our blessed lives! ;) May thankful and loving thoughts become such an idée fixe for all of us... that there won't be room for anything else for our minds to think about!!!

Have also been reading quite a bit about Saul lately. This guy started out so well. He even seemed very humble at the very beginning. Obviously this guy was good enough for God to chose him..., but I wonder exactly what happened to him that made him changed... I suppose he simply changed his focus from God to more of himself as the years went by... may we never make the same mistake!

(1 Sam 10~18, 173.6 lbs, $4.059)

No comments: