Monday, August 18, 2008

8 Golds!

Michale Phelps' 8 gold medals are indeed awe inspiring. For sure luck, or God, is on his side too! ;) I think after swimming, I won't be too interested in Olympics much anymore, watching them swim really brought back some memories of high school swim meet days! Anyway, it was 36 years ago when Mark Spitz won 7 golds, wonder how many more years will another athlete win 9 golds in the Olympics!

And as exciting as it was watching the Olympics, I wasn't feeling too well over the weekend for whatever reasons. Wish I know the cause of my problem... perhaps it was because of seeing way too many dead people in Body World! ;) Was hoping to capture some cool pictures at that exhibit, but they don't allow it. But oh well, maybe that's a good thing. Why keep pictures of dead people anyway. And luckily after a good night's sleep, I felt a lot better the following day!

On Sunday, pastor Jim is still not back, it was first time we heard pastor Kelly preach. I think he's in charge of the set-free ministry at Faith Community Church. Helping the addicts kick their bad habits and the wounded to heal past hurts. He talked about 4 basic things that necessary for all of us to be set free:

1) thru prayer- we have to admit to self and to God that we need help! We have to learn to depend on God and pick up our crosses to follow Jesus daily... just focus one day at a time...

2)thru insight- know that anger is caused by past wrongs... and fear is cause by future uncertainties. Only way to get pass anger is to forgive..., forget about what should've happened. Just let it go. And use our fears to develop our faith and trust in God. That leap of faith can be scary, but don't let fear immobilize us!

3) thru support- confess not only to God but also one another. Help keep each other accountable! Help encourage and support one another with grace and truth!

4) thru right choices- this is self explanatory I guess...

Right now, wife and I have been in our own 'set free' program for a while now! The day we die will be that day we'll truly be free! That'll be the day we meet our Lord, who is the Truth and the truth shall set us free!!! ;)

Scripture reading for the past couple days had been the begining of Samuel. I guess God had tolerated enough thru the period of Judges... and decided to raise up Samuel. It's just so cool to be able to hear God directly like that..., but then again, I wonder if I'd be able to obey or be happy with everything God says to me... hmm... maybe that's why God doesn't speak directly to me... Yet? ;) Need to develop myself more, so that I will be able to win some gold medals from God in the race called life! Yeah, may the love of God be reified with my life! :)

(1 Sam 1-6, 174.0 lbs, $4.099)

No comments: