Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Brother GD said, 'pray and be holy!'

That Ruth's Chris ribeye we had last nite for our anniversary dinner can even be tasted in the next morning! At least that has a good buttery after taste! ;) Excellent steaks, too bad it's just so expensive. I'm hoping to reproduce this when I prepare my steaks next time at home!

Anyway, just came back from brother GD's prayer meeting. Today we talked about how men ought not to lose our temper and to argue. (1 Tim 2:8) Most importantly of course is that Bro GD encouraged us to be intercessory prayers for EVERYONE!!!

Wow, that's hard. Well, we gotta do what God called us to do, right? Blessings or curses? Take your pick! ;) Of course we shouldn't be praying simply because we HAVE to. If we truly love God and love others, interceeding to God for others would come naturally and be piece of cake! So..., may God change our hearts...

Today's reading talked about freeing of slaves after 6 years of service. I was baptized in 2003, of course I believed before that... so I've been Christ's slave for almost 6 years now. Do I want to be free now... or do I still want to stay his slave for life? If I want to be slave to Christ for life... I'm suppose to have ear lobe pierced into the door... the heaven's door I suppose! That was kind of a weird passage or rule... wonder why that is?

Anyway, surprising good news is that after that huge beefy dinner, I'm now actually lighter!!! Weird. Also, gas prices have gone down a bit. Thank God! :)

(Deut 13-15, 172.8 lbs, $4.699)

No comments: