Friday, May 25, 2007

Home stuffs...

Home prices continue to decline for 9 straight months!!! Although the national average is now only $220,900, but some how, my parent's house in Alhambra still continue to climb..., and it's now $570,000!!!! We bought it for only $180,000 in 1997..., should've bought more of them at the time... oh well...

Anyway, reading Haggai today also made me feel kinda bad..., that I'm more concerned with my own house nowadays then I'm with God's house. Hmm..., maybe I should try to start a bible study thing with my parents. For sure my mom can't understand what the heck Pastor Jim's talking about..., and my dad doesn't really want to continue to fall to sleep at church... how will they ever be able to get to know the real You? I pray in Jesus' name that my parent's hearts may be softened up and opened up for the Lord!

Last nite, we were also experimenting with the software that can combine pictures, movies and music together to make some cool slide shows... a lot of these detail things can be quite annoying at first because we are quite clueless, but after a while, it can also be quite fun once we get the hang of it! We were jokingly saying that perhaps we should become wedding coordinators in the future... Anyway, I think churches really can be more involved in people's weddings! Besides just renting out the place for ceremonies... if experienced church members can be more actively involved with the couple... things could be a lot more fun and a lot cheaper too! This can certainly be an incentive for young couples... the unbelieving family and friend can also perhaps be attracted by the church as a result! As it is with most weddings, I really think it's just too expenseive. I just rather pay these expenses to a church instead of paying money to Almansor Court or whatever other restaraunt... Anyway, maybe this can be implemented in the future if we have a nice big church!

Long weekend is coming up. Hopefully we can get a lot of things done too! May God help us! :)

Psalm 32
1 得 赦 免 其 過 、 遮 蓋 其 罪 的 , 這 人 是 有 福 的 !
2 凡 心 裡 沒 有 詭 詐 、 耶 和 華 不 算 為 有 罪 的 , 這 人 是 有 福 的 !
3 我 閉 口 不 認 罪 的 時 候 , 因 終 日 唉 哼 而 骨 頭 枯 乾 。
4 黑 夜 白 日 , 你 的 手 在 我 身 上 沉 重 ; 我 的 精 液 耗 盡 , 如 同 夏 天 的 乾 旱 。
5 我 向 你 陳 明 我 的 罪 , 不 隱 瞞 我 的 惡 。 我 說 : 我 要 向 耶 和 華 承 認 我 的 過 犯 , 你 就 赦 免 我 的 罪 惡 。
6 為 此 , 凡 虔 誠 人 都 當 趁 你 可 尋 找 的 時 候 禱 告 你 ; 大 水 泛 溢 的 時 候 , 必 不 能 到 他 那 裡 。
7 你 是 我 藏 身 之 處 ; 你 必 保 佑 我 脫 離 苦 難 , 以 得 救 的 樂 歌 四 面 環 繞 我 。
10 惡 人 必 多 受 苦 楚 ; 惟 獨 倚 靠 耶 和 華 的 必 有 慈 愛 四 面 環 繞 他 。
11 你 們 義 人 應 當 靠 耶 和 華 歡 喜 快 樂 ; 你 們 心 裡 正 直 的 人 都 當 歡 呼 。
Psalm 132
8
耶 和 華 啊 , 求 你 興 起 , 和 你 有 能 力 的 約 櫃 同 入 安 息 之 所 !
9 願 你 的 祭 司 披 上 公 義 ! 願 你 的 聖 民 歡 呼 !

(Habakkuk 1,Zephaniah 3,Haggai;psalm 32,82,132)

No comments: