Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Busy Weekend... (6 questions!!!)

This past Saturday morning I attended Ting and Pong's wedding rehearsal because I'm playing bass during worship, then it's the actual wedding at noon time... it was probably the last time this many current and ex-LAKKC brothers and sisters gathering together.

The atmosphere was kinda awkward, especially during the photo session... are we 'friends' with the bride or are we from LAKKC? Pong has been with LAKKC for a long time, but will leave after her wedding. Ting used to attend LAKKC too, but felt unwelcomed by the brothers and sisters so he left a while back to attend his current church now. For sure he has spiritually improved at this other church, so it was good that he left LAKKC at the time...

Still, so how did we get from there to here? Was LAKKC really so evil and horrible? If so, how was I able to get to know Christ thru LAKKC? If God was with LAKKC, then what happened? How did it all fall apart? How can we build up His church? Wish I can have Nehemiah's wisdom and resources to rebuild the collapsed walls of God's churches...

Anyway, during that same morning, the love of my life at home was experiencing something rather difficult too, which is the passing of her dear friend. Life is indeed short. Are we really living it to the full as God wanted us to live? I don't really know this 'friend' very well, but it did sound like everyone cared and loved her very much. She also sounded like a very interesting character..., but I suppose I'll have to finally meet her later in that pain-free paradise somewhere...

We ended that Saturday helping out brother Lu at his Full Gospel event..., the turn out was not as good as compared to the past 2 years..., past 2 years was a full house thing, but last sat nite, we still have some empty seats... Anyway, it was a good opportunity for both the love of my life and myself to make sure that the violin and the bass guitar are still in good playing condition! ;)

And on Sunday, mom decided to skip church for the first time..., but it's okay, last sunday's message was really aimmed for christians instead of unbelievers... Pastor Jim raised 6 questions we can ask ourselves in order to help us figure out a clearer godly direction over unclear/gray issues...

1 Will it cause you to lose control? (avoid things that you're weak for...)
2 Will it be habit forming? (avoid possible addiction/bondage if at all possible...)
3 Will it build up or will it tear down others?
4 Will it cause someone to stumble?
5 Will it harm my Christian testimony?
6 Am I certain that it's right? (Immature only asks "is it wrong to do...?", but if you doubt or are unsure, then justdon't do it!)

Very good guidelines... if everyone at LAKKC... or if every christian can practice these guidelines faithfully, surely we'd all do alright! ;) I think this can all be summed up by this verse:

Proverbs 21
3 行 仁 義 公 平 比 獻 祭 更 蒙 耶 和 華 悅 納 。

Later on that day I also got a new washer and dryer because our old one is leaking water..., luckily we found a set that's on sale and it has 1 yr interest free financing... so we dont' have to pay up now... ;) Aunt Patricia also called up to ask for help because her car had died..., she was actually lucky to be able to get to Pong's wedding with that car... so anyway, after I found out it's just a bad battery, I just replaced one for her. She was so happy that she didn't have to miss work on Monday... and she even paid me extra money for my services. (I usually don't get money from her because she's a single mom with really heavy financial burden, but since she insisted...)

And on Monday, I took a day off for our specially photo-shoot! It was easier than I thought..., though I think the love of my life has hurt herself pretty badly because the photographer kept on telling her to move her hips this way or that way... ;)

And I finished the day off by assembling some stupid lamp we bought at Target. It came with no instructions and luckily dad does some electrician work before so has some tools so with those tools, I was able to put together our new lamp at our living room.

"Let there be light!"

And I did some work and sweat a little...

And there was light!!! ;)

Psalme 121
1 我 要 向 山 舉 目 ; 我 的 幫 助 從 何 而 來 ?
p5071725
2 我 的 幫 助 從 造 天 地 的 耶 和 華 而 來 。
Psalm 122:
1 人 對 我 說 : 我 們 往 耶 和 華 的 殿 去 , 我 就 歡 喜 。
2 耶 路 撒 冷 啊 , 我 們 的 腳 站 在 你 的 門 內 。
3 耶 路 撒 冷 被 建 造 , 如 同 連 絡 整 齊 的 一 座 城 。
4 眾 支 派 , 就 是 耶 和 華 的 支 派 , 上 那 裡 去 , 按 以 色 列 的 常 例 ( 或 譯 : 作 以 色 列 的 證 據 ) 稱 讚 耶 和 華 的 名 。
5 因 為 在 那 裡 設 立 審 判 的 寶 座 , 就 是 大 衛 家 的 寶 座 。
6 你 們 要 為 耶 路 撒 冷 求 平 安 ! 耶 路 撒 冷 啊 , 愛 你 的 人 必 然 興 旺 !
7 願 你 城 中 平 安 ! 願 你 宮 內 興 旺 !
8 因 我 弟 兄 和 同 伴 的 緣 故 , 我 要 說 : 願 平 安 在 你 中 間 !
9 因 耶 和 華 ─ 我 們   神 殿 的 緣 故 , 我 要 為 你 求 福 !

(Nehemiah 1-2,4,6;Esther 1-4, psalm 21,22,71,72,121,122; proverbs 21, 22)

No comments: