Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Why You Make the Same Mistake Twice...

Just when I was wondering why I often repeat my mistakes on my last blog, God inspired somebody to write this article... ;)

At the end of the article, it says music teachers or coaches already know this. The brain has a tendency to practice whatever we do... even if it's a mistake. So the best way to learn isn't necessarily just to practice, practice, practice..., but to slow down to learn the right way... and then repeat that right way so that your brain can start learning this new 'right way' instead of repeating the same mistake over and over again!

I think in the recording studio, the tempo is set..., I was really practicing in the wrong way most of the time... so whenever we re-record..., I was basically repeating the same darn thing...

Anyway, I think our heart of stone or stiffed necks are really the result of our stubborn brain! Once we practice enough to form the neuro-networks in the brain... it'll be hard to re-wire our brains to do it differently...

May God help me re-wire my neuro-networks in my brain..., so that I can think and do the right things!!! :)

Today's reading was about Noah. Noah was a farmer, so it's not true that God only likes shepherds over farmers (Such as God prefers Abel over Cain...) And I guess the moral of the story with Ham(father of Canaan) was that love should cover up multitude of sins... instead of gossipping around... Still, I don't understand why Noah was so mad about that! He was the one who got drunk... maybe he was just mad about the gossip? Still, they're all family..., it's not like there were any strangers? Anyway, I guess the point is that we ought to just learn to love and respect our elders. We're only human, screw ups are inevitable because of the bad connections in our brain... ;)

(Gen 7:9)

No comments: