Friday, April 18, 2008

Be crafty!!!

Continue on with Obama's book, in one of the chapters, he talked about politics. About the rules of the game... about how the system tend to drive politicians further and further away from those people who they claim to represent...

In the news, folks talked about new comers can sometimes have some advantages... while oldtimers may think they already know the game, but if they're unaware of how the rules might have changed... new comer just might end up winning the game! Hillary Clinton is an example..., she probably thought for sure she'd be the democratic candidate... and never saw Obama coming...

Anyway, I think throughout my life, I have never been very crafty. I lagged behind with the dating game. I'm also not very good at playing the career game. God has been very gracious towards me of course... I have a decent job and a wonderful wife! ;) I'm not complaining or coveting or anything..., but I just feel that I should be able to do better. (Regarding marriage, I'm not talking about having a better wife, but being a better husband! )

Socially, I think I'm really retarded in this area. After reading Obama's description of what it takes to be politician..., for sure that's a job I can't possibly do very well. Sometimes I may even know what to do in a given situation, but I still may not end up doing it... or doing it well...

Anyway, of course I don't want to be crafty as "serpent", but I do wish that I could be craftier for God somehow. In the mean time, I think I'm only good at socializing with little children or little animals I guess... ;)

Today's reading was parts of book of Revelation. May I be 'hot' for God... and for the things that I do... instead of being 'lukewarm'. This is one fatal flaw of my personality... I know I can't possibly be passionate about everything..., but may God help inject me with passion/enthusiasm in things that He wants me to do while on earth... because passion will help me become craftier... I think... even if I'm not naturally 'crafty', but passion can at least make me want to practice more and more... and help me become more perfect!

As for that future place described by John..., a place with no night... and no sun too! Anyway, I can't even imagine what that place would be like..., how blinding is the glory of God?!?!? But let's not worry too much about tomorrow for now. ;)

For now, I just need to be crafty and passionate while singing a song!

No comments: